Pump the Brakes

Friday, August 29, 2014
Hey Steph how you doin'
Where ya been?
Probably planning a new trip
Cuz here I go again....





So I realize that I used to blog, like, 2-3 times a week and now I'm lucky if I get behind this keyboard a measly once a week...
Sorry.
I've pumped the brakes on blogging for a cornucopia of reasons..

Mostly because I realized that I enjoy being outside SO much more than sitting on my ass.




Mitch also recently got me a FitBit exercise device thing that counts how many steps I take a day, helps me keep track of all the calories I eat, etc. It's awesome! I love challenging myself and checking my stats throughout the day. I know that if I were to continue blogging as much as I have been, I would definitely not meet my goal of 10,000 steps a day.
Fitness > Blogging.




And you know what else I love?
My husband.


I've been spending a lot more time with him whether it's going on walks or going off road exploring new, quaint, Southern towns...




This man is an angel from above let me tell you.
He wraps my disgusting poison ivy legs in the CVS parking lot just so I can run errands in comfort


I'll spare you the photo of them unwrapped.





Oh and hey! I did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
I've said before; I have a love/hate relationship with social media.
And this is one thing I love about it.
Can you believe how much money they've raised!?

I think it's also important to realize that this is just one of several awful, life changing diseases out there.
Depression, Autism, Aspbergers & Epilepsy are a few that personally affect my family and I.



It was so much fun filming and editing this video.
I think I'll start documenting trips this way!




Other than that my friends, I have no other excuses for my blogging absence! I've really just been enjoying the natural beauty of the South. Being outdoors with the natural world and away from social media, awful news and the unoriginality of society is truly what keeps my spirits so high. I thrive off moving to the beat of my own drum. I was born in Southern Indiana and so many sights and smells down here bring back such fond childhood memories. I'm in heaven, really.





I spent a lot of my life living in New England. There is no denying that it is a very beautiful place.
But, for me, it always felt like I was wearing two left shoes. I always knew it wasn't where I belonged. My spirit doesn't mesh with the energies up there; it never did. I feel myself when I smell honeysuckle in Spring. When I hear wind chimes as a soft warning of an incoming storm. The loud noise of summer bugs paired with the beautiful sight of a swarm of lightening bugs...that is my home. The thought of New England being an annual Summer vacation spot, though, sounds absolutely perfect.





For now, I'll be down here enjoying stunning sunsets with the peach trees
;-)


My friends! I want to stay in touch more so than once every week or 2. I am regularly on Instagram posting just about every single day. It's a great place to quickly share photos and details of my adventures. Please follow me there
@freespiritfun1 <-- don't forget the #1 ;)

Oh and also, we  have a huuuge trip coming up!! We're going far, far away from the South...
AND I CANT WAIT. I live for exploring new places.
You know I'll be blogging about it once we return.
But in the mean time....here is your clue:

Image via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design