Mountain Time

Sunday, August 10, 2014


My mom and brother came into town to visit for a long weekend last week. We decided to run away from the hustle & bustle that is Charlotte and out to a quiet log cabin tucked away in the cool mountains.


Of course, it was was cold and rainy as soon as they arrived.
This Summer has been so dreary for us here in the Carolinas.



We rented our cabin through Valle Crucis Log Cabin Rentals and were very pleased.

Not to mention their office is right next door to the coolest, vintage, country-style General Store.



Our cabin 'Mountain Time' was a few miles drive from the rental office. Nestled tightly within the Blue Ridge Mountain range, it was so quiet out there you could hear a hummingbird flap his wings. Heaven.






We are a family of adventure seekers. We are lifelong learners who yearn to explore new areas.
However, this trip was different. For the first time, we decided to stay put.
And it was amazing.
Mama P made us a homemade Southern-inspired dinner. We all ate together, laughed, got caught up, then spent the rainy evening in the over sized jacuzzi. Talk about vacation.




We made popcorn on the stove and watched funny movies at night until we passed out.
We spent our mornings making fresh coffee and enjoying it in our PJs on the sunny balcony.
Afternoons involved picking flowers & berries around the mountain.






The small neighborhood we stayed in had a few other cabins around the area. Including one I dream about staying in....house up on the hill, I call it.


Mitch really wants to move out West to the mountains. I'm a beach girl so I always pull him East to Charleston. However, after this peaceful trip....I might reconsider. This place is so wonderful.




Another first this trip -- I stayed behind the camera the entire time. I really enjoyed taking photos of everything & everyone. Photography is a new hobby of mine and it's been really fun so far. I can't wait to learn more and invest in better equipment.



Side note before I wrap this up: We saw the movie Boyhood on Thursday and as expected, it was phenomenal. I was so wrapped up in the story I had no idea that it lasted 3 hours. So emotional, relatable and inspiring. What a great work of art by director Richard Linklater. The movie was filmed over the course of 12 years so the aging of the cast is 100% real. I highly, highly recommend this movie.


Wishing you all a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Yay you're back! Best Thursday everrr. I was wanting to hear about your trip - I am planning a trip to Florida for next summer and think it would be fun to drive down. Make a road trip of it you know? I would love love love to stop here! Your pictures are all so full of southern charm! I'm obsessed with that cabin you stayed in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make my day Kristin! :) Thank you for always being so nice. YES I have driven down South from New England a few times and the drive once you get out of Boston-NYC-DC metro area is so beautiful. I think the foothills of Virginia were my favorite. Definitely add the Blue Ridge Mountains to your bucket list, guaranteed to leave you breathless! Especially Asheville, NC. Farmers markets galore!

      Delete
  2. So so HAPPY youre back up and writing :-) I love this blog so much! I wish I could send you sunshine myself! It already feels like fall here in New York in the mornings and evening ( not thrilled about it ;-) ) any who- wonderful read- can't wait to hear what's next! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Yes I know I've been a little absent lately - I just can't resist spending my free time at Anne Springs Greenway after work everyday! That place is so magical. Even though I've had a few close calls with bikers and almost got trampled by deer - still the best place ever. LOL and I do not miss New England 2-month summers for one second lol beautiful place to visit but I could never settle down there...come on home girl! ;)

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design