25 & Feelin' Alive

Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Here we are in the heart of Summer.
It's warm every day, ice cream is a regular food item, I have poison ivy and Taylor Swift released a new single.


Life. Is. Good.


I've been out & about a lot lately taking all sorts of photos.
I don't like to call myself a photographer....because, well, I'm not.
I like to call myself a Day Dreamer.

I was always that kid who got in trouble at school for staring out the window too much.
These ideas for photos pop into my head out of nowhere. Usually when I'm listening to music.



And then I go out and bring them to life.





A lot of times once I'm out in the world taking these photos, I will stumble upon some pretty amazing, unplanned things.


Like this:


Talk about right place right time.
I was amazed. I think trains are so cool. Plus this one said 'SOUTHERN' all over the cars.
Beautiful reminder that I am no longer a slave to New England winters
;-)





a few minutes after this we heard a loud cracking sound coming from the woods that made us stop dead in our tracks and just stare at each other with open mouths, patiently waiting for another  clue as to what was happening ....
BOOOOOM.
Huge tree fell in the woods.
What are the odds!?



I love cattails. I was so happy to see them all over the place down here because they are a magical reminder of wonderful childhood memories growing up in the Midwest. That and I'm a bonafide cat lady.




Not sure what I love more about these photos; the fact that I am so genuinely happy over a weed or the fireflies that made an appearance in the background...



I've officially lived through all 4 seasons down here and I must admit I like what I see.
It is warm from February-November. The Summer seems endless.
Finally.




I go on nightly walks, mostly by myself, as a time to recuperate and detox myself from all the negative energy from the day. It's been working out quite well, and I have new friends that recognize my voice...


One of my usual walks is a nice trail around a pond and these two goofballs are there every night.
They come running every time they hear me say
'Well Hello there!'
It's the cutest thing ever.



They tried to follow me home last night. They wobbled behind me up this gravel hill towards my car.
If I didn't live in an apartment they would be quacking around my backyard right now.
Getting chased by my 25 cats...
Moving on.




Everything is so green here! Ivy lines all of my favorite trails. It gets out of control in the Summer and I love it



We've also seen some mystical creatures we didn't know exist this Summer.
Like life size mushrooms.
Also,when my mom was in town the other week, on our way home from the grocery one night a RED WOLF ran out in front of our car!! It was so cool! We went to the local nature center the next day to ask if the red wolf inhabits this area - sure enough, they do. But they are extremely rare.
Omen?

The next night my mom and I both had dreams of lizards.
So weird.
But anyway.



I'm loving my time here in the South. I'm not sure if it will be forever --  I'm just going to enjoy the red barns, warm breezes, and delicious peaches while I'm around.
:-)



And on that note...
I'm off to feed my ducks.

6 comments:

  1. Ummm, you totally are a photograher!!! And Mitch is too! These are fabulous, you are making me drool for the South. One of these days I'm just gonna buy a ticket and have a spontaneous long weekend! I like your dress also ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No way! I have to get Mitch to teach me about all of the modes on our 'fancy' camera. It's too much for me. I just like to point-n-shoot. ;-) Thank you <3 Hey it's warm down here until November and the sun is always shining in the Winter - come on down!!

      Delete
  2. Love love love!!! I have a feeling I know where you are going to go visit these duckies!!! ;-) your photos are amazing! Keep em comin! Love the postivity and everything in this...as per the norm! Enjoy your walk and the warmth ( feb-nov!) ugh! Why must you rub it in!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA I bet you do! ;-) I can't keep up with all of the names of the ponds down here, help me out! lol Leave NYC and come back, the peaches await your arrival! You know this past Spring we had one morning where it was a little on the frosty side so the Greenway staff lit up these medieval looking buckets of fire to keep the trees warm....they are wild.

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design