We're Moving.

Friday, June 12, 2015
.....down the road.


And I don't know why, but this move is so emotional for me!
I moved so many times growing up. Across states, cities, towns. Hell I even transferred colleges like ohh I don't know...5 times?

Each time I handled it like a champ. No sweat off my back.
But this time just feels so... different. It doesn't feel like a 'chapter' in my life is about to close, but an entire series is about to wrap. You'd think we were buying a house.





Maybe these emotions stem from the fact that this tiny apartment, once filled with cheap IKEA furniture, is now empty with a few boxes. Or maybe it's all because no matter where Mitch and I end up in life, this small space will forever be what we both think of when we look back and remember our 'first place.'

 It's been our safe haven in a part of the country we knew nothing about and no one in town. It's where we cooked our first Thanksgiving meal and decorated for our first Christmas as a new little family...



It's the floor we fell to when we laughed so hard we couldn't breathe. It's the walls we held ourselves up against after the inevitable mental breakdown from tough times in life. These walls have heard deep conversations about life, love, and the purpose of it all. Under this roof we've felt immense pain but also comfortably healed. And I'll sure never forget the nightly sunset views...







I work from home so this place has been my office. It's been my gym, my meditation studio, my movie theater, my dance hall; It's been my everything.




Whoever the next tenants are, they sure are lucky; coming into a space that's created and held so many wonderful memories. So many firsts. They will be welcomed by a heavy draft of good energy, that's for sure.
;-)




Today is our last day here and as I sit in an empty room where the sound of my typing echoes, I feel.....free. We sold all of our furniture - even Mitch's truck. And we won't be buying a lot of new stuff to replace it. For some odd reason, not having a lot of material possessions feels really, really good to me.


My intuition tells me this is a great change. I feel like I've been stalling with where I want to go in life, and now I'm about to enter the fast track...if that makes any sense.

I'm so glad I've kept up with blogging, because I can't wait to be sitting in that new place in front of the new big windows and read back on how my life used to be...

My old life in my first place.








These sure are the days.

I'll be back with the story of our moving day.
Wish us luck!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Of course, moving can be emotional and stressful, but if you equip yourself with the right mindset, then you're always good to go. At any rate, I'm sure you and your beau will have better adventures ahead, Stephanie. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you both! :)

    Cathy Schwartz @ Best Rate Removals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Cathy! I had no idea that moving companies like Best Rate Removals existed.... I'll have to remember that for our next move, because we sure could've used some extra hands!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling. A small space makes things seem a lot more immediate, so you can really feel the whole process of it being hollowed out, in preparation for your move into your new home. At least, that is my take on it. In any case, this is a step forward for you guys, so you should be happy about that.

    Robyn Harmon @ Hills Moving

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design