Our New Place.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Greetings from our new apartment!!



Ahh look at that morning light.
Our new place is absolutely beautiful. Between the giant granite island in the kitchen and the hardwood floors, I feel so so lucky. It takes away all the sadness of leaving our 'first place' !



Our voices echo in here. I can't wait to invest in some wireless speakers and blast CoCo music while making dinner. Both me and Mitch also came to the realization that neither of us have ever lived somewhere with TWO full bathrooms. The concept of having 2 showers going at once is so foreign and quite frankly bizarre... I don't think we'll ever be able to take 2 showers at once...it's just weird. Seems too luxury for us lol

But speaking of luck, we weren't so lucky with the weather this weekend during our big move. Let me tell you something, moving out of a 3rd floor apartment and into a new 3rd floor apartment in 103 degree heat is NOT A GAME. YOU GUYS. I almost died a couple of times. My thighs have never been SO sore that I legitimately couldn't walk down a staircase for 24 hours. Maybe I'm a wimp? I don't know. All I know is I carried a couch up 2 flights of stairs in extreme humidity. And it sucked. But we did it. And it is so nice to lay on that pretty white couch and eat chocolate.


And check out my favorite space -- the 'Dream Room'



This is where I'll be coming at you live from the blog. It's actually the master bedroom of the apartment (attached to a ginormous closet that could easily pass as a 3rd bedroom) but I loved the 3 giant windows and spend most of my time working from home so, here it is!
This room will be filled with daydreams & photo editing--I can't wait.


Moving out of our old place was emotional. We've been watching the entire series of The Office for months now, and low and behold, our last night there was the series finale. How ironic. It was so sad and just magnified all the nostalgic emotions! While I feel a lot better now and ready to take on this new chapter of life, Saturday was rough.


As much as I love our new place, it's hard to remain optimistic when we went from living pretty much in a forest to now living right next to a main road, right over the community pool, and construction going on all around us. Check out our new view:


Such is life.


While I love the upscale feel of this apartment, I would trade it in for a quiet, rundown, 1 bathroom cottage deep in the woods ANY DAY; That's my dream. To own a small white cottage with giant windows, nestled in the forest, near a pond or a lake. I don't care if it's old & worn or new & modern. I want enough land to grow my own food and raise my own chickens. I want my cats to touch grass again. I want to see nothing but flowers & trees and hear nothing but birds & bugs.
 So there's that. My wishes in life --- written down and sent into the blogiverse ;-)
#Manifest


__________________________



So there it is!
Our second place.
I'll post more photos later on once we're all settled and unpacked.
I don't know about you, but I need a nap.



Happy Hump Day
:)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! it looks so cute and homey yet clean and modern. You can do so much with it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm definitely a minimalist when it comes to decor.... I kind of love the 'just moved' look haha

      Delete
  2. This is such a clean and inspiring space. I remember when me and my partner got out Kitchen Island; it completely revolutionized our time and experience in the kitchen. The best thing about this for me is its simplicity and minimalism. It just goes to show that sometimes less can indeed be more.

    Justin Garrett @ Buzz Homes

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design