Moving On

Friday, April 10, 2015
Happy Friday!

Maybe it's the newness of Spring and the excitement of changes to come, but there's been nothing but good energy in our world down here in SC.



While we spend our days working desk jobs, our afternoons are relaxing, peaceful, and full of nature. It's been hot and humid (LOVE IT) this past week, AND we even had a thunderstorm. I can't explain the level of excitement I had when I felt that gush of wind and heard the crackling of thunder while walking in the peach trees...




South Carolina is such a wonder. I really love it down here. Not sure if we will make it our permanent home, but at this point, I wouldn't be mad if we stayed here a few more years.




Speaking of 'home' - we have been actively looking at new places to live. Our lease is up in June and we decided that as much as we love our current little apartment, its time to move up and on! Tears will be shed when we close our front door one last time at our 'first place'...I can feel it now. But, it's time to upgrade to something bigger. While I want to travel every other week, I'm finally taming my wanderlust and settling down for a bit to save for a new place. We'll see how long that lasts. 
We will be renting again because we just aren't sure if we're ready to buy here in the Carolinas.


So, I've been actively pinning inspiration on Pinterest for new home decor! When we first moved down here we had nothing. Like, not even a mattress. Or a job. Soo needless to say a lot of our furniture is from the dirt cheap section at Ikea. I am so ready to 'grow up' and buy furniture that will last and keep for years.

I consider my home design taste to be a minimalist. If I don't use it, I don't see the point of it.
Here's some of my inspiration for our 'new' place:



This dining table setup. Obsessed with the chairs. I read somewhere that for good Feng Shui, you should always have a round dining table. That way everyone can see everyone's face. They say it creates more harmony and better conversations.
Makes sense to me.



A clean, bright white kitchen with a serious pop of color. The Midwest soul in me wanted to accomplish this with an old school, country-style rag rug. So, I bought This one! We'll see how it fits in the new place :)
**Update: Got my rug and it's nothing like the picture. It's all grey with no colors at all. Kind of weird. Returned it!


I'm also fascinated with retro style kitchen appliances, so I've got THIS on my radar! And I just have to get THIS.

Did I mention I'm big into plants too? I straight up want my house to feel like a forest.
I mean, look what we're currently growing in the living room...


Yes, this is a baby version of a California Redwood tree. You know, the trees that in a thousand years turn into this:


;-)



Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LORD!!! You are a bloggin' fool this month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANDY! Hey! I'm trying. I've got so many ideas swirling around my head all day, I figured I should stop slacking off and put them on the blog!!

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design