Easter 2015

Monday, April 6, 2015
Happy Easter!!



This Monday isn't so bad since I'm coming off a high from yesterday. Despite not practicing any religion, Easter has always been my favorite holiday. It's so whimsical and fun!

One of my favorite memories from childhood is when one Easter, my mom sneaked a cotton ball from the bathroom and ran around the outside of the house pretending to 'Chase the Easter bunny'

I ran from window to window watching her run laps around the house yelling I'VE ALMOST GOT HIM! Once she was out of breath, she came back inside and handed me the cotton ball and said
'All I got was his tail'

Eyes wide and mouth open, I believed every second of it.

P.S. A delicious Cilantro Avocado Deviled Egg recipe can be found Here.




Even though I'm 26 now, Easter still reigns as my favorite holiday.
But on a more serious note- this Easter I found myself lost in thought. I thought a lot about how I wish I could be with my family. How this life of adventure is so awesome on every day that's not a holiday.
I wondered who will be more excited to hunt Easter eggs: me or my future children?



This chapter of life is quiet. Some days I love it, other days I feel ready for the next challenge/adventure.
I often look at Mitch right in the eyes and say: 'One day, we're going to miss this.'
Like yesterday when it was just us two, sitting outside at a sunny picnic table sipping our homemade coffee in mason jars. No other sounds but the birds and no responsibilities but to chill.



Living in the moment, soaking it all in.


Cheers to a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design