Camping on The Beach

Wednesday, August 26, 2015
"Hello from April 21st!
I wonder what adventures you've gone on since April.
I hope you've seen some awesome storms."




Oh yes, yes I have.

That was a note I wrote to myself back in April. How ironic that on that chilly Spring day, I randomly flipped through my agenda and picked the weekend of August 21st to write that little note.
The same day THIS happened:




Life is so beautifully bizarre.




So if you read my last post, you know I've been craving a camping trip. Not just any camping trip - I wanted to pitch a tent BEACH FRONT. I wanted to fall asleep to the sound of crashing waves, rock in a hammock underneath palm trees, and get up early to catch the sunrise over the water.


And that I did.

 Hunting Island State Park - nestled just 20 minutes outside of Beaufort, SC - has been recommended by several Palmetto natives. When they try to describe it they usually can't find the words and end up saying: JUST GO.

I knew they weren't kidding when I looked online to make reservations and saw that the campground was full for months. They have 1 cabin on the beach and it's booked for a solid 13 months from now.

Whoa.

So being blindly optimistic, I decided to check their reservation schedule every single day in hopes a spot would open up. You never know, right?

Well last Monday I sat down at my desk, opened my laptop, and did my usual refresh of the schedule.
BOOM.
Not only did 1 spot open up for that weekend, but it was waterfront too.
Getting a last minute waterfront spot during the peak Summer months is just unheard of.
FATE.


We had zero camping gear when I booked this site. That's how spontaneous and random it was.
My latest life motto I'm trying to live by is 'Think Less, Do More.'

So, we ran out to grab the basics!
Tent.
Hammock.
Graham Crackers/Marshmallows/Chocolate

And off we went.



How dreamy is this place?
It's very 'prehistoric' looking. Hunting Island prides itself on being very undeveloped.
So undeveloped that you can lay on the beach and see the milky way at night...


Our mornings were spent waking up with the sand fleas Summer sun and perfect sea breeze...


Days were spent roaming the deserted beaches and feeling free....

'Think Less, Do More'
;)


Nights were spent eating too many s'mores, playing frisbee on the beach, and rocking in the hammock...




This campground is everything and more. The first day we got there we already made plans to come back in the Winter. It was a weekend straight out of a dream. Totally unexpected, too.
I mean it when I say, the best trips are always unplanned ;)

I left this wonderland feeling sad my time here was up, but curiously wondering...
how does it ever get any better than this!?



I guess time shall tell...

1 comment:

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design