August Adventures

Thursday, August 13, 2015
Hi friends.

August has been a classic 'dog days of Summer' month for us so far. A lot of relaxing, routine, and nothing too new & exciting over here. While my Sagittarius soul is running in circles, the other, more introverted side of me is secretly enjoying it...


Days are spent working.
Evenings are spent unplugging from technology and hiking here.


Summer storms are starting to wind down (nooooooooooo) and I can vaguely feel Fall in the air...
While I'm sad storm season is coming to an end, these muggy afternoons sure make the woods look beautiful.



When I lived up North I used to get so bummed about Fall. The crisp air and colored leaves were every day reminders that a 7 month winter was coming up quick. But now that I live in the South, I'm actually looking forward to Fall. I want to drive the blue ridge parkway, pumpkin spice latte in hand, and check out the foliage in the cooler weather. I guess these Southern natives were right when they said Summer gets old real quick - 95+ degrees every day since May. Wooo! Someone send me HERE.



Speaking of cooler weather and New Hampshire, this weekend we snuck away to the mountains in upstate SC and found this. A historic red covered bridge! I could've sworn I stepped into a time machine and was back in New England. This is Campbell's covered bridge in Landrum, SC.

After this, we drove another hour or so into the mountains and discovered one of the most beautiful farms in South Carolina...


Look at the view! This farm is just stunning. They have orchards, vineyards, and a rustic barn straight out of every girl's dream wedding board on Pinterest.




They have a cute little restaurant on a deck overlooking the mountains. We were so excited to try lunch there, but we were 20 minutes too late. Maybe next time.

All of the staff were so friendly and inviting. True Southern hospitality at this place, treating everyone that comes around like they're family. They were setting up for a wedding and I have to admit, if I could go back and get married again... this place would be it.



Lately I've been craving a weekend of camping. On the beach. Makes s'mores on the beach and falling asleep to the sound of waves....ahhh doesn't that sound like heaven?
Perfect way to send off Summer 2015.
I've been eying THIS place....so we'll see what transpires.



I hope you're enjoying these last days of Summer, wherever you are :)



3 comments:

  1. YO Steph, if it was so cool down there then just have you and Mitch renew your vows down there.... WIN/WIN BABY but don't have an open bar. It's like opening pandora's box... BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD STUFF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am glad that you enjoyed your time at best event spaces surrounded by nature. I am also looking for good party locations out there; it will be an outdoor party. So please suggest me something accordingly.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design