Spring Activites in Charlotte

Wednesday, April 23, 2014



Summer is awesome but has some days where you can't do anything because of the heat. Fall is alright in the beginning but after your 18th pumpkin spice latte it quickly fades into 'Ok let's get winter over with.' Then of course Winter is always flat out 3 months too long.....but then there's Spring.

Ahh the best season of them all. There's no better sight than the first buds on trees and tulips starting to poke through the ground. There's also no better feeling than being able to roll your windows down and cruise to Drunk in Love by Beyonce your favorite song...


And of course with nice weather brings outdoor adventures! Time to explore new areas you never knew existed both near and far. My favorite activity in the world. All pun intended.


In pictures, this is what my free spirit has been up to lately.





Mitch & I took a trip to Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville, NC where he got nominated for Selfie of the Year award. The animals are free roaming at this animal park and come up to your car, stick their head in looking for food, possibly give you a nice slobbery kiss on the face (totally not joking) then move on to the next car. If you have kids, go here. They won't know what to think.


I'm a huge fan of Kombucha tea. Also known as 'Vinegar Tea' for it's strong taste. (Don't knock it til' ya try it!) So when I became aware of a Kombucha Bar in downtown Charlotte I was ecstatic. Mitch & I dropped in for a glass one weekend and it was so much fun! They gave me the coolest little taste-test tray to try all of their flavors. It's actually at a local Kombucha brewery so while you sip on fresh Kombucha you can watch them make it through the big glass windows! Cannot wait to return here. If you ever find yourself in the Charlotte area and love Kombucha & craft beer, make sure you hit up Lenny Boy Tea



Took a walk by myself at our local Greenway. Collected flowers like I used to when I was little. Felt 8 years old again. Loved it.





Came to the realization that I am obsessed with early Spring, Pink Peach trees. Also came to the realization that it's almost time to eat my body weight in peaches.





Attempted to catch a nice Southern large mouth bass on numerous occasions.

Failed every time so I fed my worms to my new friends



OH MY GOD, went to see Zac Brown Band!! In Georgia. on a Friday night. Wore a jean jacket that fit just right. and turned my radio uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
Made my famous Chef Stef's Southern Sun tea since it's finally hot out again! Recipe: Fill jug with filtered water, place  5 black tea bags in the water, cover with foil, place in sun until tea is as black as you want it - serve. :)


My mom & I took a weekend trip to Charleston, SC and visited the gorgeous Magnolia Plantation. So rich with history and beautifully landscaped gardens. They even have swamp lands that look straight out of a movie - alligators and all. If you're into spanish moss trees & flirtatious deer, this is your heaven!





 So that's whats up!
I won't lie, it was a rough transition moving down here last year. Not knowing anyone or anything. But now that I'm embracing the unknown and exploring everything I can, I'm having an absolute blast. Wouldn't have it any other way. Charlotte, NC as well as the entire South East has so much to offer....and I'm just getting started!




Stay Tuned <3























1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all like our lil' town!
    Love,
    D@MN YANKEE for the last 26 years minus 2 in H@LL, I MEAN Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design