Procrastination Station

Sunday, November 30, 2014


I should be folding my laundry.
Or cleaning up the kitchen after hurricane Chef Stef came through.


But talking to you is more fun.

So hey! How are ya? How ya been? Been a while since my last blog post. What was it, 4 years ago?

Did you have a good Thanksgiving? How about Halloween?
Lol
Procrastination Station.


Tomorrow it's back to work, and cyber Monday.
AKA when I do all of my Christmas shopping.
So let's breeze through this 8-)


It's Halloween. I'm not dressing up seductively and going out to the bar like most of my peers.
Instead, I'm enjoying a nice dinner out at PF Changs for the first time (Crab Wontons were the shit) with my best friend.
We have a great time and would highly suggest that place.
As we're leaving we are discussing what we would dress up as if we were going out to a party.
I say a potato.

The night ends with a severe thunderstorm and I am officially the happiest girl in the world.


______________________


Hello, November.



This month brought lots of peace and relaxation.
Much needed after a year bouncing around the country.




When we weren't both working OT, we were hiking in the woods.
Sometimes together, sometimes alone.



Every time I cross this bouncy bridge, I run and jump like a little kid.
It is fantastic.
One hike, I discover that not only are the Southern people friendly, but the trees are too.



On another hike, we found a praying mantis the size of a St.Bernard.




Speaking of animals, this month we also celebrated National Cat Day.
I didn't know it was a thing.
But being born the cat lady I am, I had to join in.


My heart warmed when creating this collage.
It show's that after all the things I've been though - both good and bad - all the places I've been to, people I've met...
Some things never change.



Nights were spent making homemade popcorn on the stove and renting Redbox movies.
Oh and on occasion, hikes by moon light...



The weather is still very nice down here, with the occasional cold day.
But when that sun is shining, it sure is nice out.

So, I frolicked under trees....



...and through orchards of golden red peach trees...



On the home front, we made a homemade chalkboard so I could stop doodling on the kitchen table...





One day this month, I had a downright awful day.
Just one of those days where everything that can go wrong, will.
I'm not too proud to admit I had a mini melt down.

So, despite having a negative frame of mind and wanting to do nothing but lay around and sulk in my sadness... I forced myself to get up and go walk out in the woods.
I began my hike digging in my heels.
Thoughts like 'I don't know why I'm out here. It's cold. I'm tired. I should turn around.' haunted my head.
But I kept going.
As I was exiting the dark woods and entering a wide open field, I felt a light engulf me.
As I looked up I was greeted with this:


You guys.
I watched that rainbow form.
If that wasn't a sign that 'after the storm always comes the rainbow' then I don't know what is.
Needless to say, my bad day evaporated faster than this rainbow did.
Very spiritual moment for me.

I ended that hike with this sky.


Can you spy the moon?
He makes this photo.

Thanksgiving was so relaxing and so very needed.
I threw my healthy eating habits to the wind and ate lots of sweets.
Since Mitch and I have family scattered throughout the country, we spent the day as just the two of us with our two human-like cats. Of course we missed our family and wished we could  be with them. But we made the most with what we had and ended up having a very relaxing, laid back day.
I also ate my body weight in the most delicious homemade mashed potatoes in the world.

^ The most sinful Pumpkin Pie Cookies
Like whoa.


Yesterday we went to the Carolinas Aviation museum.
It was just a random idea for good, cheap fun.
Plus I have a growing fascination & appreciation for museums and science so, I was excited!

Little did I know, they had the airplane from Miracle on the Hudson on display.
This was so unreal.
Check out the photos..



The shattered window! The holes in that monstrous piece of aluminum!
Imagining this giant plane floating in the river is beyond anything I can comprehend.
I was so moved by this exhibit. Perhaps because I fly so often.

If you're unsure about what the Miracle on the Hudson was, back in January 2009 this US airways flight left NYC heading to Charlotte. A few minutes after take off they hit a flock of giant Canadian geese. Both engines quickly lost power. They had no backup and not enough power to turn around and make it back to the airport. So in a split second decision, the pilot landed this plane in the Hudson River. All passengers survived with very minimal injuries.
CRAZY.
Poor geese



My god. Imagine what those people were thinking/feeling during this flight.. I can't.
What a hero that pilot was. I read that the pilot and co-pilot never panicked. They actually barely spoke to each other at all during this emergency. They just both knew, how to in sync, save this flight.
I applaud them.


_____________________________



SO! Here we are. Today. Sunday. Soup Sunday/Football day in the Albro Apartment. My cat is one paw away from sitting on my keyboard as I type so I suppose that's my que.



OH AND...
Cheers to my last week of being 25!




What an unbelievable year.....



A lot of fun things coming up, stay tuned my beautiful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design